API works with the sponsoring agency to:
- Understand the need
- Identify the target system
- Review emerging regulations or laws
- Review emerging technologies
- Discuss options with industry committees
API works with the sponsoring agency to evaluate the topic. This evaluation is based on whether:
- The topic is appropriate for the target system
- There is a direct customer or business impact
- A gap between available knowledge and practice exists
- Great examples exist, and can be identified and studied
- Application experts are available to help
- Multiple, similar sites are part of the system
API works with the Chair and members of the Advisory Group to select the high leverage changes and package them so that groups can quickly begin to adapt them to their system.
API works with the Chair and members of the Advisory Group to develop an efficient strategy to measure progress toward achieving the aim of the project.
API facilitates meetings that include the Chair and members of the Advisory Group. The number of meetings is dependent on the extent the topic has been developed. The outcomes of the meetings are the package of changes, the measurement strategy, selection of the final Advisory Group, example sites, and the start date.